CB Frost offer a comprehensive range of extruded cellular sponge and rubber profiles which are suitable for all types of applications. Our extruded products are commonly manufactured using general purpose commercial grades such as EPDM, Natural, Nitrile, Silicone, and Viton.
Also; our extruded products can be produced in Rail specific fire-retardant grades that are compliant to rail industry standards BS6853:1999, EN45545-2, NFF-16-101 and the LUL (London Underground) safety standards. For more information on these material grades please visit our Rail Sector section of the website.
Extrusion is a commonly used process in manufacturing which creates products that feature a fixed cross-sectional profile. Highly complex cross-sections can be produced using either hot or cold materials. The production process is relatively straightforward:
- Natural rubber is fed into the extruder in strips
- The rubber is heated as it moves through the barrel
- It is then forced through a die which is located at the end of the barrel (the die contains the cross section of the desired profile)
- Custom dies can be designed and produced to suit individual customer needs
- The profile is then cured (set) prior to inspection and shipping
The CB Frost team are able to create bespoke rubber extrusions as well as standard shaped and sized extrusions. If you have an extrusion which you need creating, simply send us a drawing or a sample along with details of your application requirements and quantities. We will then work alongside you to have the seal extruded from a new die.
For further information, please telephone our experienced team on 0121 773 8494.