As a company, we always strive to provide an ideal solution for customers in all sectors and continually work to develop new products. For over 30 years we have supplied a wide range of materials and finished parts for the rail industry, with our technical knowledge, excellent customer service, attention to detail and extensive product range setting us apart from competitors. In continuing to develop our rail sector product and material range, we are happy to launch the new lightweight rail material, CBF SIL-V0.
Similarly to our extensive range of fire complaint silicone materials, CBF SIL-V0 is a highly versatile and adaptable material, suitable for a number of applications within the rail sector, as well as many other industrial sectors. Ideal rail applications include:
- Lighting seal
- HVAC and electrical enclosures
- Gap filler
- LCD display
- Anti-vibration strip/seal
Here’s what you need to know about our new lightweight rail material:
- EN45545-2 compliant – CBF SIL-V0 is compliant with European fire safety standard EN45545-2. This standard will be mandatory across Europe for all rolling stock as of 2018, so this is an essential consideration for any rail insulation material.
- Fully closed cell – This material is fully closed cell and specially formulated to improve fire and smoke safety for the rail industry.
- Lightweight – Specially developed as a lightweight material, CBF SIL-V0 helps not only to reduce weight on trains, but in turn, helps to improve efficiency.
- Sheet material – We can provide sheet material, or convert material to strips, die-cut seals and fabricated sections in house.
- Extrusion – CBF SIL-V0 is suitable to be extruded to form custom sponge extruded profiles.
- Fully skinned – It can be supplied fully skinned (this includes extruded profiles)
- Thickness – We supply CBF SIL-V0 rail material in a good range of thickness’s (from 2 to 45mm), so there is no need to laminate.
- UL94 V-0 compliant – Our material complies with UL 94 V-0, the standard for safety of flammability of plastic materials for parts in devices and appliances testing. This makes CBF SIL V-0 a suitable material for use on electrical circuit boards.
- Compression set – With excellent compression set, CBF SIL V-0 features enhanced sealing properties.
To discuss your rail material requirements, contact us on +44 (0)121 773 8494. If you need a sample, simply let us know the size and finish that you require and we will be happy to put something in the post for you.