BF2000 Silicone sponge gaskets are manufactured from an ultra-soft and highly compressible sponge material. Withstanding a wide range of temperatures, and exhibiting a high resistance to UV and ozone, combined with properties of softness and low weight, BF2000 gaskets are commonly used for transportation, industrial and electronic applications; for these purposes, a low closure force and dust sealing is absolutely essential.
BF2000 Silicone sponge is UL94 approved to V-0 and HF-1 and fire safe approved to BS6853 and EN45545 making it ideally suited for uses within the Mass Transit industry (specifically rail).
At CB Frost, using our in house facilities and roll stock material, we can manufacture a wide range of BF2000 Silicone sponge gaskets to meet all customer requirements
- We can supply sponge gaskets in almost any shape, ranging from simple standard shaped designs, or more complex irregular shapes with holes, cut-outs, radius and angled corners
- We can produce BF2000 Silicone sponge gaskets in thicknesses ranging from 3.2mm to 12.7mm, however, we can also provide thicker materials by laminating sheet material together
- For BF2000 Silicone sponge gaskets of between 3.2mm to 12.7mm thick, we can use our overhead, swing arm or kiss-cutting presses to provide quality gaskets
- For thicker gaskets, we instead use a water jet cutting technique in order to ensure that all edges of the gasket are flat and not concaved, giving the required fit
- We can cater for custom one offs all the way through to full volume productions
- For higher volume production requirements, we can kiss cut them and supply them on rolls for your convenience, dependent on the size and shape of your gasket requirements
- All BF2000 Silicone sponge gaskets can be supplied plain or adhesive backed. We stock a range of adhesive tapes that can be applied to gasket materials to suit your requirements
To find out more about BF2000 Silicone sponge or any of our other gasket materials, you can call CB Frost on 0121 773 8494.