Commercial rubber, also known as Insertion or SBR rubbers, exhibit excellent physical properties, for example, good tensile strength, low compression set and high tear properties. Whilst Commercial rubber has a high resistance to abrasion, it tends to degrade much quicker when subjected to contact with UV and ozone, so commercial and insertion rubber gaskets are not ideal for outdoor use.
Commercial rubber offers an excellent economical alternative to other grades of rubber materials including Neoprene, EPDM and Silicone. With prices of Commercial rubber tending to be much more competitive in price, Commercial/Insertion rubber gaskets provide a cheaper option for a wide variety of applications. In addition to the benefits in terms of cost, Commercial rubber gaskets can also be supplied in a selection of grades, shore hardness (40˚ IRHD to 80˚ IRHD, depending on grade) and a good range of thicknesses.
At CB Frost, we can satisfy a wide range of needs, ranging from simple one off requests to full volume productions, all manufactured in house from roll stock material.
- Whether you require a square, rectangular, circular or a bespoke design of rubber gasket, we can supply the perfect gasket for you. We can also integrate designs which feature cut-outs, holes, radius and angled corners
- Most of our Commercial rubber gaskets can be produced in a wide range of thicknesses, from 1mm through to 25mm
- For gaskets of between 1mm and 8mm thick, we utilise our kiss-cutting, overhead or swing arm presses
- For thicker Commercial rubber gaskets of above 8mm in thickness, we instead use a water jet cutting technique, ensuring that the edges of the gasket are completely flat and give the required fit
- We can provide Commercial rubber gaskets either with or without an adhesive backing (for gaskets of up to 6mm thick), depending on your requirements
For expert advice to help you decide on the right gasket material for your requirements, you can call the CB Frost team on 0121 773 8494.