CB Frost manufacture a wide range of EPDM sponge gaskets, cut in house from roll stock material using our overhead or swing arm presses, or for thicker materials, water jet cut to size.
EPDM sponge (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) is a closed cell sponge material that is ideally suited to use in outdoor and automotive applications. The main properties of EPDM sponge are its excellent resistance to ozone, UV and weathering, as well as its general resistance to abrasion. With a wide temperature range of between -40°C and 110°C (depending on the grade of sponge), EPDM sponge gaskets are ideal for use in sealing outdoor applications for dust and moisture protection.
EPDM sponge is kept as a stock material in order for us to be able to provide a quick turnaround when producing products such as EPDM sponge gaskets.
- We can supply EPDM sponge gaskets in practically any shape – from simple rectangular, square or circular designs, to more intricate shapes with holes, cut-outs, radius and angled corners
- As well as standard black, we can also manufacture EPDM sponge gaskets in white
- Our EPDM sponge gaskets can be produced in a wide range of thicknesses – we can supply EPDM sponge ranging from 1.5mm to 40mm thick, depending on your requirements
- EPDM sponge gaskets with a thickness of 1.5mm to 25mm are manufactured in-house on our overhead or swing arm presses
- EPDM sponge gaskets with a thickness of more than 25mm are ideally water jet cut to ensure that all edges of the gasket are flush, flat and not concaved, giving the correct fit
- At CB Frost, we can cater for all requirements – from custom one offs to full volume production EPDM sponge gaskets
- Dependent of the size and shape of your gaskets, high volume production requirements can be supplied kiss-cut on rolls
- We can supply all EPDM sponge gaskets as plain or adhesive backed – our range of adhesive tapes can be applied to EPDM sponge to suit your specific requirements
To learn more about our range of EPDM sponge gaskets and other products, you can call our team on 0121 773 8494 for more information.