EPDM sponge (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) is a closed cell sponge material that is ideally suited for use in outdoor and automotive applications. The main properties of EPDM sponge are its excellent resistance to ozone, UV and weathering, as well as its general resistance to abrasion. With a temperature range of between -40°C and 110°C (depending on the grade of sponge), EPDM is ideal for use in sealing outdoor applications in order to give dust and moisture protection.
Whilst normally manufactured black, we can also produce EPDM sponge in white.
EPDM sponge is manufactured in block form in a wide range of different densities and specifications. At CB Frost, we easily split and join blocks of EPDM sponge to produce rolls or sheets at thicknesses ranging from 1.5mm to 38mm, ready for use in a wide range of applications.
We can supply EPDM sponge as rolls or sheeting, or cut it down to strips, gaskets or washers using our in-house manufacturing facilities.
What are the advantages of specifying EPDM sponge?
- It has great resistance to ozone and UV
- It has an impressive low temperature flexibility
- It has good resistance to electricity
- Its resistance to compression is very good
- EPDM sponge is available in a good range of thicknesses
- EPDM sponge is kept as a stock material for a quick turnaround
- We can supply it in black and white
EPDM closed cell Sponge sheeting
We can supply EPDM sponge in sheeting in a range of thicknesses – from 1.5mm to 40mm thick:
- EPDM sponge can be supplied in sheet or roll form depending on your requirements. Sheets and rolls are available in sizes ranging from 2m long by 1m wide, to 10m long by 1m wide and anywhere in between
- We can supply EPDM closed cell sponge sheeting plain or adhesive backed to suit your requirements – we have a range of adhesive tapes that can be applied to neoprene sponge