Nitrile rubber is a synthetic rubber co-polymer of acrylonitrile and butadiene. Also known as Buna-N or NBR, Nitrile rubber is resistant to aliphatic hydrocarbons, oils and fuels; and has a temperature range of -20 ˚C to + 100˚C. It is similar to commercial and natural rubber, as it can be attacked by UV/Ozone. Nitrile is popularly used in the aeronautical, petrochemical and automotive industries as O rings, gaskets and seals.
The main advantages of specifying Nitrile rubber are:
- It exhibits an impressive resistance to water-based chemicals as well as vegetable based hydraulic oils
- Nitrile rubber is available in a good range of thickness
- We keep sheet material in stock to ensure quick turnaround times
- Nitrile can be moulded or extruded to create a variety of complex shapes and designs
- It has good resistance to oils and fuel
- Depending on the grade, Nitrile rubber is available in a variety of shore hardnesses
Nitrile solid rubber sheeting
At CB Frost, we supply Nitrile rubber sheeting in a range of thickness (between 1mm to 6mm) as standard. Thicker materials are also available, upon customer request.
- We supply Nitrile rubber in standard black
- Nitrile solid rubber sheeting can be supplied in sheet or roll form, with a standard width of 1400mm (you can call our sales team to discuss this further)
- We can supply the sheeting adhesive backed or plain – we offer a variety of adhesive tapes which can be applied to rubber sheeting to suit your requirements