Polyethylene is a class of thermoplastic polymer, and in its foam form is frequently used for packaging purposes, vibration dampening and for sealing applications, particularly as a dust and moisture seal. Polyethylene foam is a closed cell and cross-linked material.
At CB Frost, we can supply Polyethylene foam in a wide selection of colours, and densities ranging from soft to semi rigid (LD18 – LD70). Depending on the specification of the material, Polyethylene can have a wide temperature range of between -70°C and 110°C and is available in conductive, static dissipative and flame retardant grades.
We manufacture PE foam in a bun (block form) which we can split or join in-house to produce roll or sheet material in a wide range of thicknesses using our manufacturing facilities
What are the advantages of specifying Polyethylene foam?
- It is has high resistance to UV
- It can be supplied in Food safe colours
- It is highly resistant of chemicals
- It can be supplied as a stock material, subject to grade
- CFC, HCFC and VOC free
- Subject to the grade, PE foam is inert and non-toxic, making it ideal for the food industry
- It is available in a range of thicknesses
- It can be supplied as plain or adhesive backed rolls or sheeting, depending on requirements
Using our in-house manufacturing facilities, Polyethylene foam can be converted into strips, washers and gaskets.
Polyethylene closed cell Foam sheeting
We can supply Polyethylene foam sheeting in thicknesses ranging from 1.5mm to 35mm:
- We can supply Polyethylene foam is rolls and sheeting of 1m wide, however, roll lengths can vary depending on the thickness (please call our sales team to discuss your needs)
- We can supply Polyethylene foam sheeting as either plain or adhesive backed and have a range of adhesive tapes that can be applied to the foam to suit your requirements.