Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer, commonly known as EPDM is a synthetic solid rubber material. It is well suited to and commonly made use of for outdoor and automotive applications due to its outstanding weathering properties and high resistance to ozone and UV, as well as a considerable temperature resistance range (between -40˚C + 130˚C, depending on the grade).
What are the biggest advantages of specifying EPDM rubber?
- Its combination of resistance to UV, ozone and general weathering
- EPDM solid rubber is available in a range of thicknesses
- It is available in a range of shore hardnesses, subject to the specified grade (40˚ IRHD to 80˚ IRHD)
- EPDM shows a good resistance to water-based chemicals and vegetable-based hydraulic oils, making it ideal for automotive use
At CB Frost, we keep EPDM rubber sheet material in stock to ensure a fast turnaround on orders. EPDM solid rubber can be moulded or extruded in many complex shapes.
EPDM rubber strip
At CB Frost, we are equipped to cut roll stock material down to strips to suit your requirements
- We can cut EPDM rubber strips down to a minimum width of 4mm
- EPDM strip material can be cut to short and long lengths
- We can supply EPDM rubber strips as plain or adhesive backed to suit your requirements. We stock a wide range of adhesive tapes that are suitable for application to EPDM rubber materials.