EPDM sponge (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) is a closed cell sponge material that is ideally suited for use in outdoor and automotive applications. The main properties of EPDM sponge are its excellent resistance to ozone, UV and weathering, as well as its general resistance to abrasion. With a temperature range of between -40°C and 110°C (depending on the grade of sponge), EPDM is ideal for use in sealing outdoor applications in order to give dust and moisture protection.
Whilst normally manufactured black, we can also produce EPDM sponge in white.
EPDM sponge is manufactured in block form in a wide range of different densities and specifications. At CB Frost, we easily split and join blocks of EPDM sponge to produce rolls or sheets at thicknesses ranging from 1.5mm to 38mm, ready for use in a wide range of applications.
We can supply EPDM sponge as rolls or sheeting, or cut it down to strips, gaskets or washers using our in-house manufacturing facilities.
What are the advantages of specifying EPDM sponge?
- It has great resistance to ozone and UV
- It has an impressive low temperature flexibility
- It has good resistance to electricity
- Its resistance to compression is very good
- EPDM sponge is available in a good range of thicknesses
- EPDM sponge is kept as a stock material for a quick turnaround
- We can supply it in black and white
EPDM closed cell sponge strip
At CB Frost, our closed cell EPDM sponge strip is cut in-house from roll stock material
- Stripped to your specific width requirements – with a minimum width of4mm
- Sponge strip can be supplied in short or long lengths
- EPDM sponge strips can be supplied plain or adhesive backed; we have a range of adhesive tapes that can be applied to EPDM sponge to suit your requirements.