At CB Frost, we keep EPDM semi-closed cell sponge in stock and manufacture a wide range of EPDM sponge washers in a fast turnover time.
EPDM semi-closed cell sponge differs from the standard grade of EPDM sponge as it has a semi-closed rather than closed cell structure, giving the material more flexibility and allowing it to compress with more ease.
The key properties of EPDM semi-closed cell sponge is its high resistance to general weathering, ozone and UV, as well as good electrical and compression resistance. EPDM semi-closed cell sponge can also withstand temperatures between -40 ˚C and +120˚C; these qualities mean that EPDM semi-closed cell sponge washers provide the ideal solution for sealing outdoor applications for dust and moisture protection, along with different automotive uses.
CB Frost can supply EPDM semi-closed cell sponge washers in all sizes, providing they can be cut from out roll stock material
- EPDM sponge washers can be manufactured in a range of thicknesses (between 1.5mm and 25mm)
- Washers of between 1.5mm and 15mm thick are manufactured using our swing arm or overhead presses – we water jet cut washers of more than 16mm thick as this ensures that the edges are properly flat and give the right fit
- We can cater for all requirements, from custom one offs, to large volume production
- For high volume production, we supply EPDM semi-closed cell washers individually cut, or kiss cut and provided on rolls
- We can supply EPDM closed-cell sponge washers as plain or adhesive backed to suit your requirements – we stock a variety of adhesive tapes that can be applied to EPDM sponge to suit a range of uses
If you require some assistance on choosing the ideal washer material, please call 0121 773 8494 to talk to our expert team.