At CB frost, EPDM sponge is kept as roll stock material as standard, allowing us to supply a wide range of EPDM washers, cut to size using our in house manufacturing facilities.
Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer or EPDM sponge is a closed cell sponge that is commonly used as a washer material. With its high resistance to ozone, UV and weathering, combined with its resistance to abrasion, EPDM sponge gaskets very well suited outdoor applications and for automotive use.
EPDM sponge has wide temperature range of between -40 ˚C and +110˚C (depending on the grade) and as a result is commonly used for outdoor purposes such as a sealing solution for dust and moisture protection. Some of the other key advantages of specifying EPDM sponge for use as a washer material is its good resistance to electricity and its impressive compression resistance.
- We can supply EPDM sponge washers in both black and white, in a range of thicknesses (ranging from 1.5mm to 40mm thick)
- We manufacture all sizes of EPDM sponge washers in house using roll stock material
- We use our overhead or swing arm presses for EPDM sponge washers of between 1.5mm and 15mm thick
- For washers with a thickness of 16mm or more, we instead use a water jet cutting technique, ensuring that the edges of the washer are flat and not concaved
- We have a wide range of adhesive tapes that can be applied to EPDM sponge, allowing us to supply all EPDM sponge washers as either adhesive backed or plain, subject to your requirements
- We can cater for all production requirements, whether custom one offs or large volume – for large volume production requirements, we kiss-cut washers and supply them on rolls
To learn more about our range of EPDM sponge washers and other EPDM products, you can call our knowledgeable team on 0121 773 8494.