Armaflex® Rail ZH & ZH-C
Armaflex® Rail ZH & ZH-C halogen free sponge is the world’s first flexible closed cell insulation to meet EN45545-2 fire protection requirements. It is the leading and most innovative closed cell thermal insulation available to the railway industry worldwide and comes complete with a built-in vapour barrier reducing the risk of corrosion under insulation (CUI). Armaflex® Rail ZH & ZH-C has been developed to produce extremely low smoke density and reduce the risk of mold and mildew contributing to an improved indoor air quality.
- Insulation/protection for air-conditioning and refrigeration air ducts and pipes (including elbows, fittings, flanges etc.) to prevent condensation
Armaflex® Rail halogen free sponge comes in two grades; either standard ZH or ZH-C which is the standard ZH material but with a silver metallic look coating.
Armaflex® Rail ZH:
- Available in tubes, plain and self-adhesive sheets, and self-adhesive tapes
- Protective halogen free insulation to reduce corrosive effects and smoke toxicity in case of a fire
- Low smoke density, superior fire behaviour
- Extremely low smoke density and superior fire behaviour
- Low thermal conductivity, high tech insulation with built-in fire protection for railway vehicles
- Complies with international railway standard for insulation material EN45545-HL2, R1
Armaflex® Rail ZH-C:
- Available in pre-covered tubes, pre-covered self-adhesive sheets, and self-adhesive tapes
- Halogen free insulation reduces toxicity and corrosive effects on people and equipment in case of fire
- Resistant to UV, salt water and chemicals
- Wash down waterproof and easy to clean
- Factory applied reinforced coating with silver finish for hygiene area requirements
- Complies with international railway standard for insulation material EN45545-HL3, R1
At CB Frost we can supply as follows:
- As standard, Armaflex® Rail ZH & ZH-C sponge is available in colour dark grey.
- CB Frost manufacture all sizes of Armaflex® Rail ZH & ZH-C sponge gaskets using roll stock material.
- Armaflex® Rail ZH & ZH-C sponge gaskets can be supplied in any shape from simple rectangular, square, or circular designs to more complex shapes with holes, cut-outs, radius, and angled corners.
- Armaflex® Rail ZH sponge gaskets are available in 3mm, 6mm, 10mm and 13mm thicknesses.
- Armaflex® Rail ZH-C sponge gaskets are available in 6mm, 10mm, 13mm, 19mm and 25mm thicknesses.
- Armaflex® Rail ZH & ZH-C sponge gaskets with a thickness of 3mm to 10mm would be manufactured on our overhead, swing arm or kiss-cutting presses.
- Armaflex® Rail ZH & ZH-C sponge gaskets above 10mm thick would be water jet cut ensuring all edges of the gasket are flat and not concaved to give a correct fit.
- We cater for custom one offs to full volume productions.
- We can supply all Armaflex® Rail ZH sponge gaskets plain or with a single sided self-adhesive backing.
- We can only supply Armaflex® Rail ZH-C sponge gaskets with a single sided self-adhesive backing.
For advice in choosing the right material for your application, or to discuss your requirements, please call CB Frost on 0121 773 8494.