Unlike standard EPDM sponge, EPDM supper soft (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) is a semi closed cell sponge. This means that it contains a mixture of both open and closed cells, giving the sponge the flexibility to compress more easily.
Due to the properties of EPDM super soft sponge and other EPDM materials, it is ideally suited for use in outdoor and automotive applications. EPDM semi closed cell sponge exhibits impressive ozone, UV, weather and general resistance as well as withstanding a temperature range of between -40 ˚C and 120˚C.
EPDM super soft sponge is a model solution to sealing outdoor applications, to protect against dust and moisture.
What are the advantages of specifying EPDM semi closed cell super soft sponge?
- It exhibits a high resistance to ozone and UV
- Excellent low temperature flexibility
- Good resistance to electricity
- Good flexibility and compression resistance
EPDM semi closed cell Sponge sheeting
We can supply EPDM semi-closed cell super soft sponge in sheeting material in thicknesses ranging between 3mm and 20m, cut down in house to meet your requirements.
- We can supply EPDM super soft sponge in either sheeting or roll form, depending on your specifications
- Sheets and rolls can be supplied ranging from 2m long by 1m wide, up to 10m long and 1m wide
- All EPDM semi closed cell sponge sheeting can be supplied plain or adhesive backed. At CB
- Frost, we have a range of adhesive tapes that can be supplied to the back of sponge material dependent on your specific requirements