Nitrile rubber is a synthetic rubber co-polymer of acrylonitrile and butadiene. Also known as Buna-N or NBR, Nitrile rubber is resistant to aliphatic hydrocarbons, oils and fuels; and has a temperature range of -20 ˚C to + 100˚C. It is similar to commercial and natural rubber, as it can be attacked by UV/Ozone. Nitrile is popularly used in the aeronautical, petrochemical and automotive industries as O rings, gaskets and seals.
The main advantages of specifying Nitrile rubber are:
- It exhibits an impressive resistance to water-based chemicals as well as vegetable based hydraulic oils
- Nitrile rubber is available in a good range of thickness
- We keep sheet material in stock to ensure quick turnaround times
- Nitrile can be moulded or extruded to create a variety of complex shapes and designs
- It has good resistance to oils and fuel
- Depending on the grade, Nitrile rubber is available in a variety of shore hardnesses
Nitrile rubber strip
At CB Frost, we cut all solid Nitrile rubber strips from roll stock material, using our manufacturing facilities
- We can supply Nitrile strips in either short or long lengths
- All Nitrile strips are designed to your specific requirements, with a minimum width of 4mm
- We are also able to supply strips as plain or adhesive backed to suit your requirements. We use a variety of adhesive tapes that are suitable for application to Nitrile rubber materials.