At CB Frost, we keep general purpose Silicone rubber sheet and roll material in stock to ensure a quick turnaround time for all rubber washers.
General purpose Silicone rubber is an inert material, reacting with very few chemicals. Due to this property, Silicone rubber gaskets are often used for medical applications, as well as many other industrial purposes. In addition to its inertness, Silicone rubber also provides resistance to extremely low and high temperatures (between -60˚C and +230˚C, depending on the grade of rubber specified) and has very good ozone and UV properties. These characteristics mean that general purpose Silicone rubber washers are also well suited for outdoor use.
One of the benefits of general purpose silicone rubber washer material is that it can be supplied in a selection of different colours. Silicone rubber can also be supplied with varying shore hardness
- We can manufacture all sizes of washers in house using our roll stock material
- Silicone rubber washers can be supplied in a range of thicknesses
- Washers of between 1mm and 8mm thick are cut using our kiss cutting, swing arm or overhead presses
- For washers of more than 8mm thick, we instead use a water jet cutting method – this ensures that all washer edges are flat and not concaved, giving the required fit
- CB Frost have the manufacturing facilities to cater for all production volumes; from custom one offs upwards
- For high volume washer requirements, we can provide individually cut Silicone rubber washers, or kiss cut and supplied on rolls
- General purpose Silicone rubber washers of less than 6mm thick can be provided as either plain or adhesive backed to suit your requirements – we stock a selection of adhesive tapes that can be applied to Silicone rubber material
If you are unsure about whether general purpose Silicone rubber is the right material for your washer requirements, you can call our team on 0121 773 8494.