EPDM rubber (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) is a form of synthetic rubber with outstanding weathering properties. Due to its excellent resistance to ozone and UV, combined with a substantially wide high and low temperature range (-40˚C to +130˚C, depending on the specified grade), EPDM rubber gasket material is ideally suited for outdoor and automotive use.
EPDM rubber gaskets can also provide good resistance to water-based chemicals and vegetable-based hydraulic oils. We keep EPDM rubber sheet material in stock in a wide range of thicknesses and shore hardness (40˚ IRHD to 80˚ IRHD, depending on grade), allowing us to provide a quick turnaround time.
At CB Frost, we can manufacture EPDM rubber gaskets in thicknesses ranging from 1mm to 12mm
- For rubber gaskets with a thickness of between 1mm and 6mm, we utilise our overhead, swing arm or kiss-cutting presses
- For thicker EPDM rubber gaskets of more than 6mm, we instead use a water jet cutting technique to ensure that all edges are properly flat and give the required fit
- We can cater from anything from custom one off gaskets to full volume production requirements
- For high volume requirements, we can use our kiss-cutting press and supply gaskets on rolls – dependent on the size and shape of your EPDM rubber gasket requirements
- At CB Frost, we stock a range of adhesive tapes that can be applied to EPDM rubber, so we can supply all gaskets as plain or adhesive backed, dependent on your requirements.
To learn more about the advantages of specifying EPDM rubber for your gasket material, or for further advice, you can call our knowledgeable and experienced team on 0121 773 8494.