General purpose Silicone rubber is an inert material and doesn’t react with most chemicals. Due to its inertness, Silicone rubber gaskets are commonly used in medical applications as well as a wide range of other industrial applications. Silicone rubber gaskets can offer a good resistance to extreme temperatures of between -60˚C and 230˚C (depending on the grade specified) and has excellent UV and ozone properties, meaning general purpose Silicone rubber gaskets are also ideal for outdoor applications.
Silicone rubber gaskets can be supplied in a good range of shore hardness and thicknesses of between 1mm to 25mm. A major advantage of this form of gasket material is that it is available in various colours to suit most purposes.
At CB Frost, we keep general purpose Silicone rubber sheet material in stock to ensure a quick turnaround time for rubber gaskets.
- We manufacture all sized gaskets in house from our roll stock material
- Silicone rubber gaskets can be cut to any shape, ranging from simple rectangular, square or circular designs, to much more complex shapes
- Silicone rubber gaskets of between 1mm and 8mm thick are cut using our overhead, swing arm or kiss cutting presses
- For gaskets of more than 8mm thick, we instead use a water jet cutting technique to provide flat edges for a correctly fitting gasket
- We have the facilities to cater for custom one off gaskets, through to full volume production requirements
- For high volume gasket requirements, we can kiss-cut rubber gaskets and supply them on rolls – dependent on the size and shape of your gasket requirements
- We can supply all Silicone rubber gaskets as either plain or adhesive-backed (for gaskets of up to 6mm thick) – we have a wide range of adhesive tapes that can be applied to silicone rubber gaskets to suit your requirements
For advice on whether general purpose Silicone rubber is the right gasket material for your requirements, you can call us on 0121 773 8494.