Polyethylene is a class of thermoplastic polymer, and in its foam form is frequently used for packaging purposes, vibration dampening and for sealing applications, particularly as a dust and moisture seal. Polyethylene foam is a closed cell and cross-linked material.
At CB Frost, we can supply Polyethylene foam in a wide selection of colours, and densities ranging from soft to semi rigid (LD18 – LD70). Depending on the specification of the material, Polyethylene can have a wide temperature range of between -70°C and 110°C and is available in conductive, static dissipative and flame retardant grades.
We manufacture PE foam in a bun (block form) which we can split or join in-house to produce roll or sheet material in a wide range of thicknesses using our manufacturing facilities
What are the advantages of specifying Polyethylene foam?
- It is has high resistance to UV
- It can be supplied in Food safe colours
- It is highly resistant of chemicals
- It can be supplied as a stock material, subject to grade
- CFC, HCFC and VOC free
- Subject to the grade, PE foam is inert and non-toxic, making it ideal for the food industry
- It is available in a range of thicknesses
- It can be supplied as plain or adhesive backed rolls or sheeting, depending on requirements
Using our in-house manufacturing facilities, Polyethylene foam can be converted into strips, washers and gaskets.
Polyethylene closed cell Foam strip
We can cut Polyethylene foam into strips from stock roll or sheeting:
- We can strip Polyethylene foam to your specific width requirements – with a minimum width of 4mm
- Polyethylene foam strips can be supplied in a range of lengths – long or short
We can supply Polyethylene strips as either plain or adhesive backed – we have a range of adhesive tapes that can be applied to the foam to suit your requirements.